Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Vincent Gallo - Live At Royal Festival Hall, April 5th, 2004


This is probably the best sounding live recording I have heard of a Vincent Gallo Show. The recording has a nice mellow vibe throughout the duration of the 12 songs. Pretty low key and jazzy most of the time except for tracks three and ten where the band jams for a while (which is cool to hear). To my knowledge, track 11 entitled "You Sure Are" is exclusive to this recording. I haven't heard any other versions of it out there yet. There are also two covers on this one; "Moonchild" by King Crimson and Henry Mancini's "Moonriver" from Breakfast at Tiffany's which features PJ Harvey on Vocals and John Frusciante on Guitar for the final song of the show.

01 When
02 Yes I'm Lonely
03 My Beautiful White Dog
04 A Picture Of Her
05 Laura
06 Was
07 So Sad
08 Moonchild
09 I Wrote This Song For The Girl Paris Hilton
10 Honey Bunny
11 You Sure Are
12 Talking
13 Moonriver

Links:
Part 1: http://www.zshare.net/download/8189950d843bf5/
Part 2: http://www.zshare.net/download/8191116500cf0f/

9 comments:

Microbunny said...

Track 4 is actually
"A Somewhere Place"
from the
"Recordings of Music for Film" CD.

I have a lovely remastered version of this concert, which sounds even better...less midrange, more top end...fixed clipped applause etc.
very nice.

Thanks for posting this by the way.

Scorpio Rising said...

Microbunny,

hello.

Would it be possible for you to send me an updated link... or any way such as email for me to access this concert?
It would mean a great deal to me.

thank you.

say.no.to.capitals said...

hi there,

would it be possible to send me updated download links? i am desperately trying to find this show!

thanks in advance!

Dead Dog said...

could you possibly repost this please?

Moondreamer said...

Hey. I would really like to hear it. Would it be possible for you to send it on my e-mail, please! especially the last track!

Aoi Ko said...

Hey. Sadly the link doesn't seem to work anymore. I would love to hear it!! Would it be possible for you to send it on my e-mail, please! Thank you so much!

Enrique Shaw said...

is there anyway anyone could send this to djkojakt@yahoo.com

thanx

la Regla Primordial said...

Please! i want to hear this record!!
I need the updated links
could you repost this? or send me the links to my e-mail?

kotalo_callate@hotmail.com

Ondřej Matyáš said...

hello there

please repost these vincent gallo live recordings again